Poisoning - First aid at the acute poisoning
Poisoning causes around the World many, many thousands of deaths, in addition hospitalizations and emergency room visits. Many poisonings can be avoided by preventive action. For example, children are especially vulnerable. Generally, children's poisoning is not serious, but there are exceptions, as there are quite a number of dangerous chemical products, plants and drugs in our home. Severe poisoning in children can be prevented by being careful to keep such drugs, iron tablets and vitamin pills away from children. By storing the chemicals out of reach of children. By putting child-proof caps back on the bottle after use. By not pouring of chemical products for non-original packaging, such as Cola bottles. By teaching kids to use plants, berries, unknown containers and the like. Adults or young people serious poisonings caused by self-poisoning, either as part of abuse or desperation. Preventing this type of poisoning requires a special and unusual effort, but judicious handling of toxic and safe storage of medicines and poison may act preventively. Workplaces prevention of poisonings is set in the system and monitored by organizations.
First Aid for Poisoning
Poisons can be ingested, inhaled, absorbed or injected into the body. Children are especially vulnerable, both in likelihood of poisoning occurring and severity of reaction. In this disorder, we deal only with acute poisoning and first aid to individuals, where the most frequent source of poisoning is poisoning with medication. It is believed that 8 out of 10 cases of poisoning in adults is intentional and done deliberately. It is for example overdose among drug addicts, drug overdose in an attempt at suicide and the intake of too high a dose painkillers to get rid of pain. Conversely, because almost all poisonings in children accident. For ingested poisons, wash or wipe any corrosive substance off mouth. - What To Do in Case of a Poisoning: Seek immediate Doctor or Hospital, or contact the National Poisons Information Centre.
Do not hesitate
Do not hesitate if you think there may have been a poisoning. It may take several hours before showing signs of intoxication. Always carry the product, medicine, glass, packaging, plant parts or the like, if you go to the doctor or hospital. In case of difficulty breathing, drowsiness, unconsciousness or convulsions, you must immediately call 'Emergency' - and give First aid.
- If you have eaten or drunk something poisonous: remove any debris from the mouth with a finger, and rinse your mouth with water. Provide sufficient fluid in the form of milk or water.
- If you have poison on the skin: rinse immediately with plenty, and any running water. Wash with soap and rinse thoroughly.
- After toxic splashes in the eye: rinse immediately for a few minutes with a gentle stream of water from a clean drinking glass or the like. Keep your eyes open with a few fingers, then rinse becomes effective.
If a poisoned has become blunt, or is about to be unconscious, the person immediately in the hospital. Put the person in recovery position to prevent the tongue closes the throat and cause choking. If breathing is bad, it may be necessary to give artificial respiration, mouth to mouth or mouth to nose. The poison must then be turned over on his back.
Indeed, there may also be married in the food we eat that can cause some unpleasant and dangerous food poisoning. For example, fish poisoning (Scombroid poisoning) which may occur after you've eaten fish-rich meals, especially fatty fish types with dark meats such as tuna, mackerel, anchovies, sardines, bonito, swordfish, salmon and other types. The symptoms occur acutely after the meal and is very similar to that seen by an allergic reaction. The treatment is in all cases with symptomatic administration of activated carbon, anti-histamine and certain types of antacids. Call 'Emergency' or seek hospital. - Click for information on diarrhea, gastrointestinal infection and diarrhea >>
Poisoning - drugs
Medications can cause major poisoning hazard to both children and adults. Examples of particularly dangerous drugs, iron preparations, sleeping tablets, antimalarial drugs, heart medications and sedatives, painkillers and antidepressants. As mentioned initially, because the most serious poisonings usually adolescents or adults' self-poisoning, either as part of abuse or desperation. Call 'Emergency' if you are witnessing poisoning among friends or lovers.
Poisoned by the stings and bites from snakes, insects and fish.
It can also be poisoned by the stings and bites from various animals such as certain snakes, insects and fish. For example:
- Snakebite how we react differently. Some have no symptoms, while others become very sick. Variations in how we react may be due to the amount of venom injected, the person's age, body weight, bite, and the degree of physical activity after the bite. In case of vipers bite, then take the emergency room.
- Wasp and bee stings - the venom of wasps and bees gives mainly swelling, pain and itching there where you are bitten. Many simultaneous sockets can cause serious poisoning symptoms such as fever, malaise and weakness. This is not common. Swelling after plug in the mouth and throat can be very dangerous as there is danger of being strangled. Contact the doctor or emergency room.
- Tick bites - tick bites can cause a rare but serious borrelia infection. Remove the tick quickly by pulling the tick off with a smooth and gently pull. Using forceps, which comprises the tick as close to the skin as possible. Avoid squeezing the tick or tearing it into pieces. If there is a ring-shaped rash around the bite, you should contact a doctor who can determine if any. need to give penicillin. - Click more about Tick bites >>
- Weever connector - it can do nasty evil being stung by fish's poisonous spines, but it is rarely serious. Symptoms will often be severe pain, swelling and discoloration around the connector. The pain may radiate to the whole arm or leg, and you can also get dizzy and have headaches. Can be treated by placing the connectors in place of warm water 40-45 ° C for 30-60 min. The hot water relieves the pain. Remove the residues of the spike, and washing with soap and water.
Seek immediate Doctor or Hospital - or call Medical emergency, if the symptoms are very pronounced.