Insect bites and stings
Anyone know of insect bites. Bees, wasps, hornets, spiders, ants, fleas and mosquitoes are the most common. They can all sting or bite. However, most of the insect bites quite harmless, even when the swelling can be both expressed and uncomfortable. Only in rare cases, there is reason for concern. Some insects inject formic acid, which can cause an immediate skin reaction often resulting in redness and swelling in the injured area. The sting from fire ants, bees, wasps and hornets are usually painful, and may stimulate a dangerous allergic reaction called anaphylaxis for at-risk patients, and some wasps can also have a powerful bite along with a sting. Bites from mosquitoes and fleas are more likely to cause itching than pain. If hypersensitivity is it possible to react violently with blood pressure, which can cause nausea or unconsciousness, swelling as swollen lips and eyelids, itching and difficulty breathing.
Stinging insects such as wasps and bees have a sting in the abdomen, which is connected with a poison bladder that empties into the skin, which hurts. Bee's sting is barbed and is therefore fitting back into the skin. Removing the sting not, there will still be pumped poison into your skin. Fleas, lice, mosquitoes and ticks have in common is that they suck blood, leaving a red, swollen and itchy mark on the skin. Bite of a tick (mite) may mean that the bacterium 'Borrelia' transferred, and in rare cases cause severe inflammation in the form of the disease 'Lyme disease', as some ticks carry within themselves. It is therefore important to verify that you do not have a tick attached.
Mosquito bites (Europe vs the Tropics)
Mosquito bites in Europe is quite harmless. Things are different with mosquito bites in the tropics, where mosquitoes can transmit diseases such as malaria. When you notice a mosquito that is starting to stick, let it sting finished. It sucks as a part of the toxic substance out again when it is finished. So if you interrupt it, you risk the plug itch even more. Have you been stung, then the itching from the wall dimmed with a local anesthetic cream such as lidocaine or an antipruritic agent in the form of creams, foundations, spray or tablets such Autan Acute or Red RexCure spray or Beurer mosquito bite healer.
If you do not itch relievers on hand, try to rub the plug with cucumber or onion or try to get saliva, soap, toothpaste or ice cubes in a mosquito bites. You can also curb the itching with a cloth wrung out in hot water - it soothes. Do you have a very strong reaction to mosquito bites with itching and severe swelling, antihistamines drugs be the solution. Available over the counter such as Telfast and Duact - and a prescription. If you are traveling in the tropics, it is important to stay focused on mosquitoes because they can transmit serious diseases such as malaria, yellow fever and encephalitis.
Bees and Wasps
Bee stings and wasp stings are unpleasant, but they do not transmit diseases. There are no funds can keep bees and wasps away, but you can avoid drinking or having sweets on display in late summer. It attracts bees and wasps. If you still are stuck, it is about to remove the sting and sometimes adherent 'poison pocket'. Scrape the stinger with a fingernail or tweezers. Do not push the sting out, because the venom else just gets pushed further into the skin. Using a poison weeks and suction the venom out of the socket. Place a "poison-cleaner" over the puncture wound and pulling upward on the plunger to get the poison out. Then wash plug with soap and water.
Itching can be relieved with local anesthetic and antipruritic agents such as lidocaine or benzocaine - or with antihistamines. Tablets of ibuprofen such Ipren reduces overall pain after insect stings. One bee stings can also be alleviated by blotting with a small amount of ammonia and subsequent rubbing with a slot cut through the onion. There is a difference between bee and wasp venom. For wasp stings, you can dab of lemon juice or vinegar on the wall year, which works to neutralize the alkaline wasp venom.
Bees, hornets and wasps are dangerous for allergy sufferers - and if you get stabbed in the throat, mouth or throat. Especially if you are stung many times the same place. Contact Your Doctor or the Emergency Room immediately. Even though you are not allergic. Contact your Doctor the following day, if you increase sharply, or if the swelling gets worse in the days after, as there may be the development of inflammation or allergy. If you are very allergic, are poor or rises sharply up, you can vaccinate against strong reactions by bee stings and wasp stings. Talk to your doctor about "Allergy Injection against insect bites."
Ticks and the tick bite
The tick is active from april to October, but has its peak season from June to August. If you get a tick on it, it will often wander to a warm, damp and dark place on the body eg groin or armpits, but can really settle anywhere. Here it bites stuck and begins to suck blood. You feel generally no bite and typically will not find the tick when you catch sight of it - and a little redness of the skin around the tick. That does not mean that you have been infected with Borrelia bacteria. Redness around the bite due to irritation from tick. Some do not realize that they have been bitten by a tick. After a few days after the tick has received enough blood, it falls on its own.
A bite from a tick bite is usually harmless, but some ticks can transmit the bacterium by the bite Borrelia to humans. In rare cases it can cause severe inflammation in the form of the disease 'Lyme disease', as some ticks carry within themselves. Disease occurs only at about 2 percent of all tick bites. Basically, you should remove a tick as soon as possible. It is said to avoid infection if the tick is removed within the first day. - Click to read more about the tick bite >>
To remove a tick
If the tick has managed to take hold, it sits with the "head" down in the skin. Here, the suction, so that its large abdomen is filled with blood. When you have to remove it, you have the whole tick out. The important thing is that you do not squeeze hole 'tick body', where borrelia bacterium found. Remove with tweezers grasp the tick as far down on your head as possible. Turn the tick around a few times, and pull slowly and cool until it lets go with the head intact. Or better yet use a special tick rod which is inserted under the tick and then tipped up (available at pharmacies). The pharmacy also offers a tick remover, tick which effectively freeze to death using a special cooling spray. Regardless of method, always wash the bite with soap and water or with a liquid disinfectant to prevent infection. If you have been bitten by a tick and have removed it, the risk of 'Lyme disease' is so small that there is no need for preventive treatment with penicillin.