Unwanted hair growth. About permanent hair removal and IPL laser treatment.
Both male and female undergoing hair removal, which is a variety of methods. Too many people have unwanted hair growth an annoying problem that is often used very much time. It is genetically determined, how many hairs we have and the color of the hairs. Hereditary factors or hormonal disorders can cause that some have unwanted hair growth. On the body, some hair growth, while others are in what is called resting phase. Only a few hair is growing at a time. It is therefore not easy to remove hair from an area of lasting effect, because you can only remove hair that grows, not the hair that is in the resting phase. On the arms and legs are only about 20% growth, 70% on the chin and upper lip 65%. Therefore, it is always necessary with multiple treatments over a long time, if you want to achieve a permanent result. Often you must be over 3-4 or maybe 8-9 treatments.
Hair Removal with Ellipse method (IPL, Intense Pulsed Light)
IPL Ellipse method is based on converting the light into heat. The energy of light absorbed by the hair dye melanin. When the pigment omvarmes to 70 degrees destroyed follicle forever. Be it the hair on your chest, breasts, abdomen, back, around and below the navel, forearms, upper arms, lower back, thighs, lower legs, buttocks, instep and toes, armpits, neck, neck, shoulders, cheeks, chin, upper lip, between the eyebrows and bikini line, tanga line and g-string line. Ellipse treatment step by step:
- Before the treatment, the skin should be shaved.
- The skin is applied to a clear cooling gel.
- The therapist presses the device gently against the skin, emitting intense pulsed light as it passes over the skin.
- The light is absorbed by the dark pigment in the hair and converted to heat which can destroy the hair follicle.
- At 70 degrees destroy the protein in the hair follicle permanently. At the same time cools the upper skin by means of the gel and the cooling unit in the apparatus.
- Die and follicle hairs lying under the skin exfoliated and the desired effect is achieved.
- After 10-20 days you will experience a hair free period.
- Two months later you have to be reconsidered because the new hair has come into growth.
The treatment feels like little hot plug against the skin, depending on how dark your skin is and the area being treated. Note: to unwanted hair disappear permanently, it is essential that all hair follicles are treated when the hair is growing.
Can all types of hair IPL-treated?
Since the treatment is based on absorption of light in the hair dye melanin, obtained the most effective treatment of dark and black hair. This also means that red, very bright and white hair can not be effectively treated. Treatment is most effective on light skin and therefore should not be tanned by treatment. All hairy body areas can be treated. Remember to give the practitioner notice of pregnancy or use of drugs leading to photosensitivity. One can never guarantee that you get 100% 'hair free' as there will always be generated powerful new hair from dun hair caused by hereditary conditions, medication or hormonal influences. Dark hair on the face, bikini line, on skin or legs and back can largely be removed permanently.
- How does the skin look after treatment? Usually, the skin looks normal again after treatment. In some cases there may be small red, slightly swollen marks corresponding to the hair follicles. This is due to the warming effect of light and the marks disappear after a short time. Normally required no finishing. Sun and solarium to be avoided for 3-4 weeks before and after treatment. If necessary, use sunscreen with factor 20 Self-tanning creams can be used after treatment but not before.
- How long does a treatment? The glass crystal through which light is transferred to the skin, covering an area of 5 sq. cm, so that several hairs treated at once. A treatment of the face takes around 15 minutes, and a treatment of a spine or both of the lower leg about 1 hour.
- Does the treatment hurt? It is not adversity well with either local anesthetic or other analgesic therapy. Most brands, nothing else can feel a warm tingling that lasts a brief second, and others describe the feeling as a snap of a rubber band while the development of heat and a flash of light.
How many treatments are required?
Usually, 4 to 6 treatments necessary for a satisfactory result and the interval between treatments are typically 1-3 months. One can never guarantee that you get 100% 'hair free' as there will always be generated powerful new hair from dun hair caused by hereditary conditions, medication or hormonal influences. Hair growth occurs in a down cycle for each follicle so that hair follicle first forms a new hair then the hair falls out and the follicle rests for a time and then again repeat the process and form a new hair. Since hair follicles do not go together in this process, there will simultaneously be resting follicles and thus do not contain hair, and there will be follicles that are in progress to produce a new hair. Since the treatment, as mentioned, based on the dark hair system absorbs light, there will be no effect on the hair follicles, which does not contain a hair at the time of treatment. It is therefore necessary to perform treatments at different times when the individual follicles is in the process to form a new hair. Repeat until all hair follicles are treated in the growth phase. The length of the hairs and hair-phases are affected by various factors, such as spot on your body, hair density, Hair thickness, skin type, race, hormonal status and age.
Precautions before and after laser treatment
The light emitted from the laser system, the red and infrared (heat radiation) and therefore completely harmless. When the light works by being absorbed by the hair melanin is important that you have not removed the hairs with tweezers, depilatory creams, waxing or similar in at least one month before treatment. This ensures that there will be a maximum number of hair present in the hair follicles at the time of treatment. On treatment days, you meet with barely visible stubble, so handler can see the hair to be treated. One must, however, like to shave the hairs by between treatments. Because sunburn is the formation of additional pigment (melanin) in the epidermis, this will slow down the system's laser light from reaching down to the hairs deeper below the skin. It is therefore important that the skin is as light as possible at the time of treatment. Treating a tanned skin, will result in a less efficient removal of the hairs and a risk of getting a sunburn reaction in the epidermis. Normally it is not necessary to make any finishing treatment. If you have thin, sensitive skin, you can however have the benefit of a good moisturizer for a few days after treatment. It will always be a good idea to use sunscreen with a factor of 20 or more between treatments and in a few weeks after the last treatment, if you walk in the sun during this period. - click costs for hair removal >>
Treatment with laser or IPL, intense pulsed light
Only specialists in skin diseases must treat with laser or IPL, intense pulsed light. At the same time clinics run by specialist advise on any medical treatment, opportunities for grants to medicine. Including help with a medical explanation of hormonal disturbances. For example, hormonal imbalance occurs in approximately 45% of all women with pathological hair growth. Do you want security for the proper treatment, you should seek a clinic run by specialists who have the right laser or IPL. As a patient you will find, sadly, only 1-2 years after treatment based on whether you chose the right clinic. In a preliminary study at the clinic, it is possible to make a forecast of how your treatment should proceed so that you are happy with the outcome.