Fertility Treatment. On artificial insemination, infertility and IVF rates
When speaking about artificial insemination, the majority vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment. This method is used if a woman can not become pregnant by natural means. This may be because the woman's ovulation is not regular, or because the quality of the man's sperm is not good enough. It may also be that the sperm and egg can not cooperate on fertilization, does not come close to each other or to the developing fetus in the uterus stops. Many believe that it is easy to become pregnant. Therefore, it may come as a surprise when the pregnancy is long in coming. The truth is that it usually takes a long time before the test is positive. For 80 percent. succeed within a year. The cost of artificial insemination depends on the type of treatment and number of completed treatments.
Age limit for artificial fertilization (assisted fertilization)
The legislation does not make fertility treatment if the woman is 46 years in most EU countries. There is no age limit for the man. The public fertility clinics do not treat couples where the woman the age of 40 years. Population studies show that for example a 36-year-old woman's ability to have children is only half as good as it is in women of 20 years. For women around. 39 years chances are further reduced by half compared to the 36-year-olds.
Prognosis following in vitro fertilization (IVF)
Unfortunately you can not be sure of having a child by artificial insemination. However, in most cases, the possibilities are very great. Experience shows that couples where the woman is under 40 years will have around 25-30% chance of achieving the birth of a child by one in vitro fertilization. After three treatments, the overall chance around 65-70%, but in principle there is no fixed limit on how many times you can get done in vitro fertilization. The first 3-4 times the chance of becoming pregnant almost equally each time. After this pregnancy chance. The treatment consists of phases: 1 Hormone therapy - Ultrasound 2 - 3 Egg collection - 4 Fertilization - 5 egg-laying-up - 6 Time after egg-laying-up.
Is Hormone Therapy necessary?
Hormone therapy improves in most cases, the chance of achieving pregnancy, but is not a requirement. Treatment Test tubes can be carried out in the 'spontaneous cycle ", that is, in the woman's own cycle. So develop normally only one egg, and it gives a certain risk that can not be udhentes an egg by egg collection, or that the egg is not fertilized, or divide. If administered hormone treatments, there is more assurance that the egg is obtained by the aspiration and that there are one or more eggs are fertilized and splits.
When known whether treatment has led to pregnancy
In vitro fertilization is typically 17 days after ovulation injection a blood sample. The blood sample is tested for pregnancy hormone (hCG). Most dispensed in artificial insemination treatment is also a pregnancy test to the 'home', where a few drops of urine can be examined whether the woman has become pregnant. This test can be performed 14 days after insemination. HOW MANY HAVE TWINS? About 20% of those who become pregnant through IVF treatment, and where there are two fertilized ova are twins. The possibility of being pregnant with twins reduced inherently important, if only one embryo be transferred to the uterus. At the same time reduced chance of pregnancy, however. At insemination treatment with hormone stimulation is about 10% of those who become pregnant who are twins. For women who become pregnant as a result of sexual intercourse is about 2% of all pregnancies resulting in twins.
Ovulation can be determined
Ovulation can be determined with great certainty. Women who go to IVF, sheep fertility hormone measured in a blood test. In addition, the studied with ultrasound. An ultrasonic apparatus used in the vagina, can get pictures of the ovaries appear on screen. If the review date is timed well, the ovulation actually followed, as it happens. - Click price for private fertility treatment - IVF >>
Fertility treatment and causes of infertility
Today conceived 7.2 percent. of a child born artificially, the latest figures from the Fertility Society, but in the future, the proportion being as high as 15-20 per cent., says experts. The cause of infertility can be found among both the woman and the man. In some cases it will fail to find the cause, but to a treatment can be successful, it is important that a thorough investigation. Typical investigation program for the woman: Grafting for chlamydia. Cell sample from the cervix. Investigation of the uterine cavity and fallopian tubes by ultrasound scan with contrast. Blood for hormone analysis. Blood sample for testing for infection. Typical investigation program for the man: semen sample. Blood test to test for infection. - Click here for Chlamydia and reduced fertility >>
Semen quality and male infertility
Generally, it appears that sperm quality is declining - just 15 years ago it was normal that there were more than 40 million. sperm per ml. Since there are fewer now that meet this requirement will be a sperm sample with more than 20 million. sperm per ml as normal. Although only one sperm used to fertilize one egg, the number of sperm to have great respect for fertilization ability. Men with many spermatozoa (> 40 million. Sperm / ml) are more likely to fertilize their partner than men with fewer sperm. The reasons for this is unknown, but certain environmental factors are believed to have a reducing effect. It seems that smoking is one of the factors that may impair sperm quality. Fever, illness and certain medications are also known to impair sperm quality, sometimes only temporarily. A semen sample to analyze the man's reproductive ability by scoring numbers of sperm and movement.