Food Pyramid and Dietary Advice. Healthy Lifestyle allowing the body nutrients, vitamins and minerals
Your physical well-being and mood are linked. If you feel physically uncomfortable, it will often affect your mood negatively, and vice versa. Prosper you and your body works as it should, it will in turn give you the necessary energy to cope with everyday challenges. It is therefore important that you get a proper diet that gives your body the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that it needs to be in balance and sufficient energy for both work and leisure. To function, the body would be endowed with energy. It gets the nutrients from the food. Most of the energy, or about 70% use the body to the fundamental life processes like breathing, keeping the heart going, keep warm, digestion and maintain the body's cells. Children also use energy to grow. The remaining energy is used for such work and exercise. Besides the energy the body needs a wide range of substances it can not produce, but it can be fed through food such as vitamins and minerals. Do you eat healthy, varied and follow the recommended energy distribution in the food, so will your need for vitamins and minerals usually be covered. Do you eat the other hand, foods with a high content of sugar or fat, you get too many empty calories.
Dietary advice for a healthy lifestyle
Eat fruits and vegetables several times a day, eat potatoes, rice, pasta and wholemeal bread every day, save on sugar and exercise, these are just some of the official recommendations for a healthy lifestyle. Dietary recommendations also highlights vitamins, fat and overweight from a health standpoint. The councils are everyday Family remedy for a healthy balance between food and physical activity. Liver, after dietary advice, the body will recoup the need for vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, just as one reduces the risk of lifestyle diseases like cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer, and prevents you put on weight. The 8 dietary guidelines and good eating habits are:
- Eat more fruits and vegetables - 6 days
- Eat fish and fish products - several times a week
- Eat potatoes, rice or pasta and wholemeal bread - every day
- Cut down on sugar - especially from soft drinks, sweets and cakes
- Eat less fat - especially from dairy products and meat
- Eat a varied diet - and maintain normal weight
- Quench your thirst for water - not sugary beverages
- Be physically active - at least 30 minutes a day
Most of the Population can benefit from living according to dietary advice. Exceptions are children under 3 years, slowly eating the elderly and persons with an illness that makes different demands on the food. Of dietary advice is clear, however, a number of additional recommendations include:
- the interaction between vitamins, minerals and other substances in fruits and vegetables have a preventive effect, since studies show that 600 grams of fruit or vegetables a day reduces the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease
- the healthy fish oils, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, iodine and selenium as fish contains, has a preventive effect
- that by eating the recommended amount of fish reduces risk of heart disease, the risk of fractures and the risk of disturbances in metabolism
- that bread, flour and grains, especially in the form of whole grains on one side are rich in dietary fiber, B vitamins and some minerals and on the other hand, low-fat
- that sugar contains empty calories, which takes the place of healthier foods and increases the risk that you do not get covered its needs for vitamins and minerals
- that a lower fat diet, can help to reduce the risk of obesity and several other lifestyle diseases
- that by eating a varied diet, have more security in order to cover all needs
- it important to quenching thirst in water rather than sugary drinks
- that the body is intended to be used, and the daily use of the muscles is a prerequisite for optimal health
Diet councils are not Diet-Tips, but advice on what it takes to live a healthy life. Want to lose weight, do dietary advice to a lifestyle, but also eat smaller portions, and move you more than the recommended 30 minutes a day. This gives you a healthy weight loss, which it will be easier to keep, and you'll get both healthy eating and exercise habits.
Out with potatoes, white bread, white rice and pasta. In with whole grains, nuts and vegetable oils, but eat most unchanged from the base and least from the top. Food pyramid can often be seen by doctors, dentists, nurses and in classrooms and school kitchens. In the current food pyramid are vegetables relegated to the bottom, pasta, rice, wholemeal bread and dairy products have moved up in the middle, while water has become a part of the Food Pyramid bottom. Food pyramid has more recently also got a climate glance, because when you eat healthy and following the food pyramid, eat in most cases also climate friendly. Many of us believe that if we eat six pieces of fruit a day, our green needs covered. But that's not because we should eat at least 300 grams of vegetables every day and preferably most of the coarse. Therefore, the main change in the food pyramid that vegetables are moved to the bottom, where we should eat most of it appears on the new food pyramid. Food pyramid shows that you should eat something from all food groups, but you must eat it in varying quantities. Therefore, the food pyramid three layers, where to eat most of the bottom and at least from the top.
'Pyramid food' for a whole day
How much should the potatoes, rye bread and coarse vegetables fill in your food, how much of your food should be fruit, meat or fish? Here is an example of 'pyramid food' for a whole day:
- FROM BOTTOM: A handful of oatmeal. 2 ½ slice of rye bread. 3-4 potatoes. Vegetables most of the coarse. A carrot, half parsley, a quarter of a cabbage. Fine vegetables, one quarter can of peeled tomatoes and a slice of bell pepper.
- FROM THE MIDDLE: A small dish sour milk. A glass of milk. A little cottage on a half slice of rye bread. A small glass of juice. An orange. An apple. A portion of rice or wholemeal pasta. Choose keyhole label bread, rice, pasta.
- FROM THE TOP. Two meatballs.
Candy: Candy is a totally unnecessary part of a healthy diet, but in the food pyramid is a space which corresponds to example 12½ liquorice, a can of beer or 12 chocolate bars. Read various sites on the Internet about all the foods found in the food pyramid.
Vitamins and minerals
Vitamins and minerals are necessary because they keep all the body functions going. If you need just a single vitamin or a mineral, it can bring the body out of balance. Most of us get enough vitamins and minerals through a normal diet. The exceptions may be vitamin D, iron and folate, a vitamin B.
Eat climate friendly
Do you eat healthily and following the food pyramid, so you eat often climate-friendly. The food you choose to eat has an impact on which images you put on the climate. Food pyramid focuses on health, and if you eat the food pyramid, you can reduce your carbon footprint by up to about 30 percent compared to the average American diet.
Vegetables are climate-friendly
It's so fortunate that when we choose the nutritional healthy foods, we do often something good for the climate. The food pyramid is the vegetables in the bottom and the meat on top. This has important implications for the climate. Vegetables are generally very climate friendly, and wherever grønstagerne come from, then strain flesh climate more. One kilo of beef strain, for example climate 19 times as much as 1 kg potatoes.